Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

PC Tools Spyware Doctor crashes computer




After installing PC tools Spyware Doctor, my HP amd 64 began to freeze the mouse and The screen blue of death began to appear.

"Spyware Doctor is a top-rated malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes and protects your PC from thousands of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, spybots and tracking threats."

I found a temporary Solution:

1- Disable OnGuard protection. Now, I only use it to download updates and scan my machine.

Petpeave: The program disables itself completely and when you re-start it to scan the machine, it loads the onguard protection again. I wish there was a feature to disable just the onguard protection and not the whole program. It seems to suck all the system memory and resources.

Positive Outlook: the program excels on removing spyware and trojans. So I highly recommended! if you are having serious problems with spyware, hang in there!

No comments: